Rose Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipe

Rose Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipe

One of the best decisions I’ve made in the last few years is to start making my own hand and body scrubs. I used to spend a fortune on scrubs from a local spa, thinking it’s the only way I could get my hands to be soft and smooth. Oh, how wrong I was! Making your own homemade sugar scrub is really easy to do and costs a small fraction of what you’d pay at a store or spa. The basic recipe is a mix of sugar, oil, and your favorite scent.


The holidays always inspire me to create new homemade sugar scrub recipes. I usually give my mom and sisters a new batch for every holiday, depending on the color and scents for that time of year. With Valentine’s Day around the corner I was inspired to make a rose sugar scrub. This simple sugar scrub is made with coconut oil, granulated sugar, and rose essential oil.

Supplies needed to make your own rose homemade sugar scrub:


Step one: Combine coconut oil, sugar, and fragrance in a small bowl.

Step two: Add a few drops of red food coloring to the mixture; mix until well combined.


Step three: Fill tins with your homemade sugar scrub (this will make about 3 tins). Punch or cut out the rose label and run it through the Xyron sticker maker. Adhere to the tin lids.


When making homemade sugar scrub, you can slightly alter the ingredients to fit your preference. I like to add 1 1/2 cups (sometimes up to 2 cups) sugar to 1/2 cup oil. This will make a coarse sugar scrub. If you prefer a thinner scrub (less abrasive) start with 1 cup of sugar and slowly increase until you achieve your desired texture.
Once it’s ready to use, apply a small amount to hands and scrub for 30 seconds. Use a gentle soap to remove oil and dry hands. The sugar will exfoliate dry skins while the oil locks in moisture, leaving your hands soft and smooth.



Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Cellulite-Busting Body Scrub + Seaweed Wrap

They Said Coconut Oil Was Great For You, But This Is What They Didn’t Tell You

Cleansing Charcoal Facial Scrub DIY